Mashed potatoes should really be their own food group.
I could eat them morning, noon, and night and never think twice about my life decisions. But like most traditional dishes, it can become tiresome having the same thing the same way all the time.
What if I told you, though, that there was a recipe that could turn your leftover mashed potatoes into something scrumptiously new and exciting?
Get ready, because these tasty treats will help you transform mashed potatoes from a side dish into a mouth-watering main course.
I give you…cheesy mashed potato cups!
I can’t wait to make these for myself. They’re so simple! Just follow the recipe below:
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup bacon
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Mix the mashed potatoes, bacon, chives, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together in a bowl.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and divide the mixture between the cups. Mold the mixture to them.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly between the cups.
- Bake at 400° F for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool for a minute or two.
- Garnish with sour cream, chives, and bacon, if desired.